These tangy beans travel well—transport in the same pot they’re cooked in and they’ll stay hot for serving.
- ½ lb bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces Save $
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) Save $
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup mild-flavor (light) molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained, ½ cup liquid reserved
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onions are tender; drain.
- In 3½- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix bacon, onion and remaining ingredients, including reserved liquid. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours.