Give grilled pork an extra kick with this simple dry rub, made with seasonings you probably have in your cupboard. Slow grilling pays off with richly flavorful and tender meat.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 boneless center-cut pork loin roast (3 lb)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect-heat cooking as directed by manufacturer. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except roast. Rub mixture onto all sides of roast. (Do not remove strings until after grilling.)
- Place roast, fat side up, on grill for indirect cooking. Cover grill; cook 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast reads 160°F. Let roast stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.