This is a great recipe that I found in my Grandma's recipe book. Judging from the weathered look of this recipe card, this was a family favorite.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Recipe From: AllRecipes.com