Strawberry shortcake has been a classic favorite for generations and for good reason! Loaded with fresh strawberries, topped with whipped cream, and piled upon a flaky shortcake, these easy-to-make desserts are the perfect treat for all ages. Don’t love strawberries but love shortcake? Substitute any berry of your choosing!
- 1 quart (4 cups) strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2⅓ cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix strawberries and ¼ cup sugar; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.